helping law enforcement protect the community

Do you know what is being done in your community to protect the citizens from crime? Do you have a crime-watch program? Is there a community website that lists the current investigations and events that may have recently occurred? Law enforcement officials can only do so much when it comes to protecting a community. If your community is not active in protecting itself, crime rates could rise and many residents could find themselves the target or victim of crimes. Visit my blog to find out what you can do as a community to lower crime rates and help the law enforcement officials do their jobs.

What To Know About Medical Coverage For Your Work Injury


Hurt workers are fortunate to have an employer-provided form of insurance at the ready when the moment comes for medical care. With medical costs rising so dramatically in the recent past, having to cover expensive diagnostic tests, medication, surgeries, and other treatments would ruin most workers without insurance. Even health insurance comes with co-pays, deductibles, and cost-sharing—but not the medical care provided by workers' compensation. To learn more about this aspect of injury aftercare, read on.

Who Oversees Your Medical Care?

Workers' compensation is not a federal program. In fact, it's not a single program at all. Each state runs its own plan, and the rules will vary from place to place. If you end up getting hurt on the job, it can be confusing to know where to turn in regard to medical care. Typically, though, each state has a workers' compensation board that oversees the practices of the many third-party insurers in each state. Many states provide a website where hurt workers can find answers to questions about their medical care and other issues. Also, many employers maintain information about workers' compensation issues with their human resources offices.

Who Serves As Your Doctor?

You must seek medical care as soon as possible after an accident. Let the severity of the injury guide your choice in medical facilities. Your benefits will cover the emergency room, urgent care, and your own doctor for your initial treatment. After that, the way your ongoing care is handled depends on your state. Some states provide you with a list of approved workers' compensation doctors from which to choose your care. Some states allow hurt workers to get care from a doctor of the worker's choosing. Whoever you use, you must be referred for anything that requires a specialist doctor like an orthopedic surgeon or a neurologist.

Be Alert for Problems

Most of the time, hurt workers get better and return to their jobs without incident. Some workers, though, are not as fortunate. If you run into any of the following while receiving medical care, you may need to speak to a workers' compensation doctor:

  1. Your doctor has cleared you to return to work and you are told that you must go back to your job or you will be fired. Unfortunately, you are still in pain and cannot work at your job.
  2. You are being denied referrals to specialist doctors even though you are certain you need their help with your injury.
  3. You are having issues with the doctor assigned to your case. It's difficult to be seen, your appointments are often rushed, phone calls are not being returned, etc.

You have rights when it comes to medical care after a work accident. Speak to workers' compensation attorney for help when things are not going right with your claim.


22 October 2019